Friday, March 25, 2005

Iran on the brink of revolution?

RegimeChangeIran reports massive protests all over Iran.

For some time, reports have been coming out of Iran indicating massive disaffection with the regime. Although the ayatollahs are still thought to have the loyalty of about 30% of the population, the other 70% is eager to cashier mullahs and bring in democracy. Unusual among Muslim countries, most of the population is enthusiastically pro-American.

In response to President Bush's inaugural address, Iranians organized protests chanting "kush bush" (where's Bush?)--a reference to the president's declaration that he would stand with Iranians when they stood for their own freedom.

Tonight protests and arrests are sweeping the country. We don't know yet if this is revolution, but this story will need very close coverage.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home