Off The Record...
CWN's Off the Record has so many great posts today they can't be counted. Three stars in a galaxy include:
How the NY Times would have covered Jesus: "CAESAREA PHILIPPI (20 Kislev) Yesterday's surprise announcement that doctrinal hardliner Jesus of Nazareth had been anointed "Messiah" provoked mixed reactions in the diverse and sometimes fractious Israelite community, ranging from cautious disappointment to frank despair.
"I see it as a missed opportunity," said Herodias Schneidkopf, a Galilaean incest rights activist. "Many of us were hoping for someone more open to leadership roles for women and more appreciative of our experience. I don't feel valued."
The bestsellers at Amazon:what they're reading
"From Amazon.com bestselling books, Sunday, 24 April 2005 (3am EDT).
12. Joseph Ratzinger, Introduction to Christianity.
15. Joseph Ratzinger, Salt of the Earth.
23. Joseph Ratzinger, God Is Near Us.
27. Joseph Ratzinger, Milestones: Memoirs 1927-1977.
32. Joseph Ratzinger, The Ratzinger Report.
33. Joseph Ratzinger, Truth and Tolerance.
49. Joseph Ratzinger, The Spirit of the Liturgy.
53. Pope John Paul II, Memory and Identity.
65. Joseph Ratzinger, In the Beginning.
68. Joseph Ratzinger, Called to Communion.
69. Joseph Ratzinger, Many Religions, One Covenant.
For those Kumbaya Catholics still in a state of shock because the cardinals failed to elect a Rembert Weakland clone, may I suggest the following:
70. Greg Behrendt, He's Just Not That Into You."
And the secret Vatican document that may have helped clinch the case for Ratzinger.